Common Fixes for Driver Problems We Have Learnt Before
Since driver problem is a common problem on computers, we can get various solutions for it by searching on google. The general fixes are listed in the below:
1. Windows Hardware Troubleshooter
The first thing to try is to use the Windows automatic hardware troubleshooter. Open it as follows:
Start > Enter “fix hardware” in the search box > Choose “Find and fix problems with devices” from the search results.
It should be a Window like in the picture. Then Next, it will start detecting problems and check for missing and corrupted drivers.
All installed devices will be searched through and if there is something wrong detected with this troubleshooter, it will offer a choice to “Apply this fix” or “Skip this fix”. This is a great fix if it works! However, if it does not work, read on.
2. Update Drivers
The method most commonly suggested and used is to update the driver for your hardware that is not working. There are 3 methods introduced to update your drivers: through Windows Update, Download from manufacture’s website and install it yourself, through free software DriveTheLife.
However, you can also do the driver update by this direct video tutorial of how to update drivers on Windows 8/7/XP/Vista with One Click for Free.
3. Fresh Install of Windows
If the problem is so stubborn that we can’t solve it with the above two methods, maybe someone would pick the worst but 100% efficient method: do a clean install of Windows system. That is OK but not suggested here because I just want to introduce you the one-click way.
What is the One-click Way of Troubleshooting Driver Problems?
You may think that it is impossible to fix driver problems with just one click. But this is true to DriveTheLife, a free and professional driver updater and manager. Just do as follows and download it to use for proof.
- Download free DriveTheLife from official website: http://www.drivethelife.com
- Install it just like any other software
- When install is done, launch it. It will start the automatic scanning without any advanced configurations
- If there is something wrong with your hardware device drivers, like driver is missing, corrupted/broken, it will identify the problematic driver(s) and offer an option “Repair”. Click Repair, all the problematic drivers will be fixed!